Continuous Data Protection
Continuous Data Protection, or “CDP”, Managed Backup Service protects disk volume data using replication and synchronization over the network storing point-in-time snap-shots in disk-based storage.
Continuous Data Protection Details
“Hot Backup” relies upon enterprise grade software and (CDP) Continuous Data Protection technology to implement provide a geographically diverse disaster recovery solution. There is no client side software necessary. Hot backups allow backups on data at the same time that data is accessible to users and may be in a state of being updated. Compression technology enables synthetic backups of both Windows and Linux systems to reduce network traffic.
- Near-Continuous Backups with hundreds of recovery points scheduled daily
- A resource-friendly process: low processor usage and bandwidth utilization during backup
- Visualize, create, and verify backups via our web portal
- Full encryption of backups that are being processed; data is always protected
- A fully-staffed support team ready to answer questions or repair any issues
Backups are performed “hot” over the network via a secure SSH tunnel to a storage network which allows for immediate restoration of network files to a specific moment in time. Individual files may also be restored. Data can be replicated to offsite remote locations. MySQL true granular restoration is available. Managed Backup storage pricing is based upon the amount of storage and offered as a monthly subscription.